The DPA (Data Protection Act) 1998 & GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) May 2018
This website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into affect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK's exit from the European Union.
This website does not currently utilise cookies or tracking information. However, should this change in the future for marketing purposes this information will be updated.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
1. What information is being collected?
1.1 – We collect a variety of information before, during and after you book with S J Bourne Photography and use any of our services. This includes:
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using our services.
• Names of all participants of a photo shoot.
• Details and notes taken throughout a photo session or service provided to help us remember conversations during and details of your session.
1.2 – If you E-Mail us or send us messages via social media, these messages are stored within our email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
2. Who is collecting the data?
2.1 – This data is being collected by S J Bourne Photography. We password protected equipment to hold our data.
3. How is it being collected?
3.1 – The data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form for us online, or tell us face to face, via the telephone, via e-mail or message.
4. Why is it being collected?
4.1 – Most of the data we collect is solely for the legitimate purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered.
4.2 – Some of the data we collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience
4.3 – We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with us.
5. Who will it be shared with?
5.1 – We take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
• Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow us to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number). The photographic images that are taken during the service that we are providing to you can also be classed as data. A selection of these may be used for promotional purposes via this website or via social media. If you do not wish for any of your images to be used for this purpose, please let us know of your wishes.
• Manufacturers (our printing labs) if we are sending an order directly to you from a lab. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
• Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
6. How will this affect you?
6.1 – We collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
7. How long is the data stored?
7.1 – Most data we collect is stored indefinitely. This is to allow us to provide a better service to you as a customer in the event that you contact us again in the future.
7.2 – We are legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example sale order records, payment records etc.
8. Access to stored data.
8.1 – If you have any questions about data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us.
8.2 – You may request a copy of any data we store about you – and we will comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
9. More information.
9.1 – If you would like any clarification on how we collect, store or process your data – please contact us directly.
Updated on Saturday May 5th 2018